- Eat more fruits and veggies. This includes learning to cook with more veggies – and learning to cook creatively! So far, I’ve already made a few dishes with celery, a vegetable that I am at odds with. It’s really all about getting the good stuff in there without there being too much of the taste I hate.
- Exercise more. Walking to and from work isn’t quite enough. I would like to make sure that I am stretching as well as getting enough exercise in for my heart each week.
- Be a better person every day. I am of the belief that each day is a new opportunity to make a difference. I want to make a concerted effort each day, even on the bad ones, to be a little more patient, a little more thoughtful, and much more helpful.
- Keep in contact with friends. Make new friends. I am not that great at talking on the telephone and sometimes I have a hard time going out to a party or a dinner when invited. I hope to reconnect with friends as well as find a good way to keep in contact with them. Friends are a vital part of life – they help to make the experience much richer. Also, I haven’t gone out of my way to make many new friends so I hope to do more of that this year.
- Keep up with languages! I have learned Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Italian. I hope to become a better multi-linguist in 2009. I don’t want to lose it!
Did you see update my blog on there? No! Why not? Because I just thought of it. But honestly, I hope that I would like to update more often. I have to get over the idea that each post has to be totally epic with every.single.one. of my thoughts carefully laid out. Posts can be short and sweet and about nothing in particular. Another question might be in regards to why it’s been so long since the last post? Well, life happened. That’s what. And life keeps happening and sometimes it is really difficult to adjust and try to get it all done in a singular 24 hour day. But life is all about challenges – how many different things can you juggle at once while maintaining your composure and come out a better person on the other side?
Speaking of dealing with many things at once while trying to maintain a presence of mind and body, 2009 started in the most tragic way that I have ever experienced. Each new day since the New Year brings more frustration, sadness, and despair. But I am trying to continue on treasuring memories that I hold very close to my heart but I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that someone so close to me was taken on a day that is supposed to be celebrated for its symbolic sense of renewal and hope. My New Year’s wasn’t full of hope or renewal but sadness, loss, guilt, and grief. I’m still in the process of trying to piece it all together. Hopefully the New Year in and of itself will bring resolution.
With that aside, may 2009 bring many more great posts for everyone! Happy Blogging!
*note: I have decided that, whether I like it or not, 2009 will be a year of change. With change brings a new font! Woohoo!